We have compiled frequently asked questions about our PPE and brief answers to each below. If you have a question that isn’t clearly answered here or elsewhere on our site, please contact us.
Meeting our customers’ needs are our priority, and we welcome industry inquiries.
Washable Isolation Gown FAQ
To ensure Reusa reusable isolation gowns, caps and bonnets perform at their intended level, use the following care instructions for washing and drying.
– Wash with warm mater (do not exceed 160° F)
– Do not exceed 70% of the washer’s loading capacity
– Use Extra Rinse cycle or Extra Water cycle
– Use a low active alkalinity wash solution and thorough rinsing
– Do not use chlorine bleach, antistats, antimicrobials or softeners
– Dry on Low/Warm (do not exceed 130° F)
– Do not exceed 70% of the dryer’s loading capacity
– Do not use antistats or softeners
– Reusa is the brand name of our reusable PPE.
Yes. All of the gowns, caps and bonnets we manufacture are autoclavable.
We have worked with organizations to integrate both low and high-tech wash-tracking.
The low-tech method has been to simply print a 10×10 grid on the gown or item. Each time it is laundered or returns from being washed, a box is checked off. Higher tech solutions include integration with existing RFID laundry tracking systems as well as bespoke UHF/RFID/NFC automated solutions.
Printing a 10×10 wash tracking grid or opting for sewn-in UHF RFID tags is available as an option when ordering online.
Unsure? Contact us to discuss tracking options.
No. In fact, our after its 100-wash usable lifecycle our Level 2 and Level 3 PPE can start a new life as Level 1 PPE which carries far lighter restrictions.
This new life further reinforces Reusa commitment to sustainability as well as our PPE’s cost-benefit and positive environmental impact.